Sunday, January 11, 2009

Challenge 3!! :D

Here's my layout for this challenge!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Credits for this page:
Template by Chrissy W
Most of this page uses Zoe by Misty Cato with the following exceptions:
Patchwork flower by Jeni Cantrill from Potato Hunt Freebies
Pink/Glitter alpha by me, with a template from Amanda Rockwell and Glitter by Flergs

Which is a redo of this layout from March 2008!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Credits for this page:
Potato Hunt Freebies from Polka Dot Potato

It's funny because when I saw this layout in the gallery, I didn't think I wanted to redo it, and I had no clue how I was going to make it any better, because I always loved this Hammy layout. But, once I started playing with the pictures, I did find that there is a lot of new information I am able to apply to photos!! :D SO, I thought I would take some time here to talk about the new tricks I've used on this page that I didn't use on the last one... First off, I vignetted the photos so that Rachel's face would stand out more. I also edited the photos by increasing the saturation. These are two things that would not have dawned on me way back in the day, lol...

I also added a trim area to this layout, which is great and a very important thing I've learned to do so that I don't lose any of the main stuff when I have the page printed. The last really big thing I've done here that I never used to do is modify this template like a mad woman. I used to use the templates how they were, and would even go so far as to add a duplicate of a picture rather than alter the template. In this case, I added an additional picture, resized pictures, added things, took things away, moved the whole thing down, and so on.

Also, these days, if I find myself needing something, like an alpha to pull the title together, I will make it myself. I never used to feel confident doing that. I would search and search for what I was needed, whereas nowadays, I just make what I want and use it, lol...

So, I hope you like the new version more than the old version, which I'm finding very busy in not a great way. My husband and daughter both like the new version much better, and I do as well. When I started making it, I thought I was just doing it different, not better... But, in the end, I see that I was making it better, and I'm super glad I did!! :D

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

No comments: